More info on ETA

ETA Motorcycle Cruises ...  Since we've got back, I've been posting and compiling info.  In a perfect world, I wouldn't be wasting my time.  But, after bumping heads with Wallach the owner and dealing with his cockiness, I've found myself peeling back a rotten onion and I continue to find layer after layer.  Every time I find another layer, I head here to put it out publicly   I still remember everyday hearing "SAFETY!"  and "PERFECT 100% Record!" ..  over .. and over.  I call BS.



_____________________________

Responses to previous Blog Posts

ETA Cruiser #1


My hubby found an old thread where he attacked someone in the same fashion for discussing tipping. 

My bike had a spark plug issue about a month before the trip so I called the office and asked. What happens if you break down in the island? She said it would be the drivers responsibility to get a tow back to the ship and pay to repair. No trailer with the group which we can all confirm is true. Not cool...

ETA Cruiser #2

 I would have to say this is a very accurate and detailed review. Thank You! We did it twice in the hope that the second time would be better. It was worse. We made life long friends both times but would not repeat. On our last trip four bikes went down on bad roads in horrible weather. A wrecker was parked there waiting as the tow driver said ETA has a bike or two go down there each time they visit. The way they handled it post accident made me question the validity of their “insurance.”  My wife and I were fortunate as we didn’t go down. The attitude of ETA on the ship is horrible. Steve ended our final brief at the end of the last cruise stating “if we did anything to upset or offend you then F you”. That generally was their attitude the entire cruise.
 
It was Donkey Hill in St Maarten. Jan 2020. First cruise for them this year. Heavy rain, rider got stuck going up the hill. Tires just spinning. She went down and 3 behind her did. One had to be towed back to the ship and couldn’t be ridden the rest of the trip. That was the first stop. They made the driver pay the tow bill and didn’t pick up his damages. They said it was driver error as he should of just went around the stalled bike (into oncoming traffic). On your trip where there islands they didn’t ride?  There are some island he isn’t allowed on. That happened to us on both trips and only through talking to the crew did we get the truth. He doesn’t tell you that upfront as it cuts into his “gas and insurance” money. Grenada for example is a no. So he will come up with some weird story the night before where it has been canceled but it is not his fault. In Grenada for example he told us they had just gotten some intel from local friends of his that a local gang was going to set up a roadblock and steal the bikes as well as mug everyone. It was complete BS. Way to over the top with his lies.


On the 2nd trip we realized his stories and examples are complete BS. The captain told us he has been doing this for many years but his volume is half of what it used to be. Capt said once upon a time he was 60 bikes every trip but his lack of ability to respectfully communicate with his customers is killing the business. He has told them that he is retiring after this year and his son is taking over. 
Both cruises there were people threatening to sue him in the end..  He has no competition that is the real problem. 

His return rate is super low. We did it both times with friends. Both times everyone else said never again. His son is a decent guy who has some CS skills. I do think it will be much better when he takes over.

ETA Cruiser #3


We had a MAJOR SNAFU where bikes were badly damaged and riders were severely injured. It's much too lengthy to type out here but I would be happy to talk to you via phone if you like. My number is : xxx-xxx-xxxx . I read your blog posts and remember the tie down post, I can offer a lot of insight. You won't EVER read about our experience anywhere, Steve will see to that.

What I'd like to know is why none of the witness testimony was introduced? Steve and Royal Caribbean interviewed everyone who actually saw it happen. We were leaving the HD dealership so most of us had already gone to a staging area but there were quite a few still there. I have to watch what I say publicly too because I didn't actually witness it. I am only repeating what xxx, wife xx, xxx and xxx told me. xxx was the other guy injured.

As far as the insurance thread, WE were never told either orally or written that we could/should purchase travel insurance. Every person understood that we operators AND bikes were covered......33 people can't be wrong.

The staff captain WASN'T mounted on the bike! He walked the running, in gear bike out of the dealership. He had the clutch disengaged but at some point he rolled on that throttle like an F-18!  Apparently he couldn't let go of the throttle so the bike basically dragged him right into the crash.

Xxx and I never knew about travel insurance until this incident, now we get it when we're out of country. Your cruise was a million times more expensive than ours. It was $250.00 or $300.00 per bike and the cruise was about $1,500.00 per person. Island lunches were additional but they were cheap. None of this check for this, check for that nonsense.  Hey, I know it was a long time ago and prices go up but jeez........... he's raping his customers.

Xxxx were sooooo pissed and confirmed what I thought. In his insurance post, he said Travelers insurance was ALWAYS available but now it's mandatory. It was never available. Interesting to note that soon after the '14 crash is when he severed ties with Royal Caribbean. He also changed his business structure from "Inc." to "LLC". With an LLC, you can't be personally held liable in a lawsuit. And I can guarantee that he's not claiming all the cash he's given as income.

He USED to have DVD's made from each cruise. Edited together from all the interesting points along the way. Scenery, bikes, people, etc. That's why he films from the back of an open vehicle. At the end of the cruise, he would take orders, I think they were $30.00 and then after it was all done being edited, music added, etc. he'd send you the DVD. THEN when the complaints from people not getting theirs, he stopped doing that. Next was a video that he'd download to your phone, FB page, etc also with a fee. Now he just posts the video on the cruise page. The was also this "other" guy that worked on our cruise with him. Steve told Ric and I that it was his "brother" although not biological. Seems this guy kind of joined the family and they (specifically Steve) looked out for him. He's out of the picture now but I wonder what happened. Did he call Steve out on his shady dealings?

ETA Cruiser #4 (this is from a forum post)

We did this back in '11.

Your bike is kept on a lower deck that you (the bike rider...not passenger) will have access to (a special pass) to check on. And YOU handle your bike at all times.

We asked about straps...to tie down the bikes...there is nothing to tie them to...they have stands that your front wheel goes into. We asked about tools, were told we did not need them; however, I brought some and it seemed that I was borrowing them out at every port...

There were bikes/riders that tipped over (while riding not while secured on the ship) and one bike wrecked...both he and his wife were okay, but small things like this did happen. ETA made sure his bike got back to the ship.

ETA Cruiser #5 ( added 7 Mar 2020) 

Scuttlebutt is they are out the door, can you confirm

Me too, it was a nightmare cruise, we had a bad accident cost the rider 6000.00,  ..........and he denied my friends wife to ride on their trike, she could walk and rides in his ultra,, he booked a handicap room,,we got into it, tried to put my friend in the brig and toss him off in Aruba!!!!

He deletes anything negative and or blocks you if you do or he thinks you will, as well lies and tells you they have never had a accident, was on in 2019, now i know that was a huge lie

Held his power over us.............it was very hard,especially when he talked down to our wives

Thanks for your blog. It helps the ADA has been contacted


Not all Islands are ridden


After reading about the lack of rides on Grenada ( see #2 above), I tried to find videos or postings about that Island.  Nothing. Nada. Zilch.  Weird.  Then a few days ago, I see where ETA posted they weren't riding on St Vincent.  Roads to narrow and too steep . Too steep?  You're kidding me right?   I call BS.   You can rent bikes on Grenada for one, so you know you can ride there.  St Vincent, not sure.  BUT, here's the part that grates me. Are folks that sign up for the cruises that include these islands told ahead of time, they won't be riding there?  I mean for St Vincent, it should be openly stated, correct?  Where does it say that?  I haven't found it  anywhere.  After riding in St Lucia, St Vincent sounds like an awesome ride.  Now, I'm just guessing here on the 'why'  but....  It's a fact that you need a local drivers license to drive on the island of St Vincent.   The cost is $100 per person.  Again, I'm just guessing but....  think that might be the reason they don't pull the bikes off there? If so, be honest about it.  I'm guessing as time goes by and folks read this .. we might hear of other islands that don't get 'ridden?'



 ENTERTAINMENT & TRAVEL ALTERNATIVES, INC vs  ETA Motorcycle Cruises, LLC

While researching ETA I stumbled across some facts that I can't explain.  I continue to research because I realize I'm missing something.   Here's what's driving my curiousity.

In 2014 an accident happened that resulted in a lawsuit.

Civil Action No. 14-24149-Civ-Scola
02-29-2016
John Kadylak, Plaintiff v. Royal Caribbean Cruise, Ltd., et al., Defendants

 This case arises from a specialty cruise and motorcycle accident during an excursion on St. Maarten Island. John Kadylak sued the excursion provider, the cruise line, and one of the cruise line's employees, Sergey Denysov. The excursion provider, Entertainment & Travel Alternatives, Inc. (“ETA”), and the cruise line, Royal Caribbean Cruise, Ltd. (“Royal Caribbean”)

This is where I keyed on a few things.   When we traveled it was with "ETA Motorcycle Cruises, LLC".   For all intensive purposes, same company.  But when one follows the naming trail, things get interesting. Here's why.  I had 'assumed' after the lawsuit, the name changed.  I was told off the record that a large settlement was levied against ETA, bankruptcy ensued and they changed the name.  But, I can't verify .   So, here we go

ENTERTAINMENT & TRAVEL ALTERNATIVES, INC was created in 1961.  However, by Nov 2001 that company appears to have been dissolved. The dates don't make sense to me for a few reasons.  Wallach would have been about the age of 8 back in '61 so if this is correct he must have purchased the company from someone else?   But, they presently claim "20 years"  in the motorcycle cruise business and that ties back to approximately the 2001 date.  I'm guessing the company from '61 to '01 was used for other cruise type trips?  The address on the official paperwork ties back to Wallach so I'm looking at the correct documentation.    So, if this is true... 'what' company by this time was in effect for the next 14 years or so?   Were they operating as that company for the next 14 years, but not 'legally?'  I don't know; yet.

In Feb of 2014, an initial filing for  ETA Motorcycle Cruises, LLC was submitted for this company.  I had initially assumed this company was created AFTER the lawsuit  Seemed to make sense.  But the major accident in 2014 wasn't until April of 2014.  I'm told there was a $1+M judgement against ETA and they went under and didn't pay it.  However, I can't find hardly a damned thing on either of these (see below). So for now, that's just hearsay.  I assumed the LLC was created to get around all that.   So, was the creation of this LLC just a pure coincidence in timing?  As #2 pointed out above there are apparently different liabilities between an Incorporated entity and an LLC.  I haven 't found the reason for the change, but I find it strange with the timing?     ETA Motorcycle Cruises, LLC is whom we signed up with.  Speaking to someone 'in the know' some companies create secondary LLCs so they can continue operating if something goes sideways so to speak.  But the dates here jump out at me.  Again, too much of a coincidence for me.

The main difference between an LLC and a corporation is that an llc is owned by one or more individuals, and a corporation is owned by its shareholders. No matter which entity you choose, both entities offer big benefits to your business. Incorporating a business allows you to establish credibility and professionalism.

 


Amount: $1,300,000.00
Attorneys: David H. Pollock of Law Office of David H. Pollock, LLC
Case: Kadylak v. Royal Caribbean International, Entertainment & Travel Alternatives, Inc., et al.
Type: Motor Vehicle Accident, Motorcycle Accident, Personal Injury






#ETAMOTORCYCLECRUISES

Comments