LARGEST ...... EVENT IN HISTORY

 Bahahahaha... FUNNY Shit! 

Last year, I wrote that the Gregory 500+ was the largest Indian motorcyclist event ever.  True statement.  Had over 700 bikes on hand.  Of those, 651 set a world record on the second attempt.  That, was history.

Before that, Europe had something like 500 bikes at a huge event the summer of 2019.  That was history.

Now, if I were to state "Everyone is invited to Texas next summer for the LARGEST INDIAN MOTORCYCLE EVENT IN HISTORY" .. well, I'd be full of shit.  That's called false advertisement. Might be construed as an outright lie?

Reminds me of a housing development down the road from me.  It is on hundreds of acres. They were building an 18 hole golf course on it.  On the Interstate, they advertised CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE at Mallory Point!   Now, there was no Golf Course yet (never would be it turned out).  There were only a few dozen houses up to that point (I guess the developer eventually went bankrupt).  But, every time I drove by the sign I thought .... "BULL SHIT!" ..   How can you have a Championship golf course, that doesn't exist?  And even if it did, never had a championship held there?  That folks is false advertisement.  That folks is a scam for no better word.  I felt sorry for the folks that bought their homes there, never to see that come about. This was over a decade ago.  That billboard is long gone. The homes are still there.  A huge sign with 'land for sales' resides in front of it all. Sad.  You gotta' feel for the folks that got duped.

Now...   back to that Texas motorcycle event.  Should I send that out?  Nah .. jk


Comments

Rick said…
As PT Barnum once said, “There’s a sucker born every minute”. Unfortunately there is also a con man born to take advantage of that sucker.